Last Modified: 18 May 2017
Below are the guidelines we use for protecting any personal or business information you provide to us (“Information”).
1. The Information Atikus Collects and How We Use It.
1.1. Types of Information. We may collect different types of Information via our Site, including but not limited to:
- Contact information that you submit such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, or other information provided during registration for the Services;
- Financial information that you submit while using our Services;
- Your IP address (your device’s unique identification number when connecting to the internet) or other geo-location information;
- Device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, and mobile network information including phone number); and
- Session information (such as the length of time that your device is logged on to the platform and information about particular features accessed).
1.2. Method of Collection. Information may be collected through different methods, including but not limited to:
- Your submission of Information through our Site, including your IP address;
- Persistent identifiers, such as cookies, embedded scripts, beacons, tags, and other technologies; and
- Information from third parties that is matched to Information you provide.
Some browsers may offer a “Do Not Track” feature. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret “Do Not Track” signals, the Site does not currently respond to such signals.
1.3. Information Use. During the course of our dealings with you, we may collect your Information for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to:
- Developing and providing the Services you request or are described in our Terms of Service;
- Assessing financial and insurance risks;
- Providing your Information to third party lenders and other sources of funding (“Funding Providers”), capacity-building and training organizations (“Training Organizations”), and others to meet your interests and needs;
- Recording your preferences in respect of the Services;
- Performing research and statistical analyses, sometimes for or in partnership with third parties;
- Providing insurance administration, including underwriting and claims handling;
- Selling, marketing, or providing support for our Services;
- Monitoring how our Site and Services are used;
- Preventing and detecting crime, including ensuring compliance with financial sanctions and money laundering legislation; and
- Complying with regulatory obligations.
1.5. Risk and Policy Underwriting. Atikus will need Information from small business owners and alternative lenders and other sources of funding (“Funding Providers”) to offer quotations or renewal terms and manage insurance policies. This includes underwriting and claims management, as well as anything else needed to support your relationship with Atikus.
2. With Whom We Share Your Information.
We may provide your Information to Training Organizations, Funding Providers, international development agencies, insurers, claims adjusters, agents, reinsurers, recovery agents, any joint insured or co-insured party to any policy in which you are insured, or to other persons whom you authorize.
We also may share your Information to:
- Meet and service your needs, process your requests, and operate our organization by sharing with our affiliates and vendors and service providers;
- Enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Atikus;
- Comply with any court order or legal process, or respond to any governmental or regulatory request;
- Protect Atikus’ rights or property or the safety of Atikus, our customers, or others; or
- Provide to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of Atikus’ assets.
We may use your Information to keep you informed by email, SMS message, or other electronic means. We may send you details of products and services that we think may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving these details at any time. For more information, see “Opt-Out Choice” below.
4. Your Rights.
You can ask us to provide a copy of your personal Information or update or correct factual inaccuracies by contacting Atikus via email at email@example.com with “Information Update” in the subject line. We shall take steps to confirm your identity prior to providing details of any personal Information we may hold about you. We may levy a small fee in providing Information to you. You may opt-out of our collection of your Information or contacting you for marketing purposes. For more information, see “Opt-Out Choice” below.
California law permits users who are California residents to annually request and obtain information free of charge about what personal Information is disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. To make such a request, please contact Atikus via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, with “California Shine the Light Privacy Request” in the subject line and your full name, email address, postal address and specific services you have used in the body of your email.
5. Opt-Out Choice.
If you would like to request that your personal Information be deleted, then you may submit a request via email at email@example.com. Please note that we may not be able to provide you with Services if you request that your Information be deleted. Also please note that we may retain aggregate Information and other Information that does not identify you personally.
You also are given the opportunity to opt-out of having your Information used for purposes not directly related to that for which it was collected. Users who no longer wish to receive our promotional communications may opt-out of receiving these communications by providing us with written notice. You may also opt-out if you don’t want us to use your Information to contact you for marketing or solicitation purposes.
When writing us, please specify if you would prefer that we communicate with you via a different email address or communication method. Keep in mind that restricting contact methods may make it more difficult for us to keep you informed about developments that may be of interest to you. You can revoke these options at any time by contacting us using one of the methods provided.
You may notify us of your choices or preferences via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Opt-Out Update” in the subject line.
6. Access by Children.
Our Site and Services are not directed to children under the age of 18 or the age of majority in the relevant jurisdiction, and our Terms of Service prohibit such individuals from using our Site and Services. We do not knowingly collect any Information from children under the age of 18 or the age of majority in the relevant jurisdiction.
7. Third Party Websites.
8. What Else Should I Know About My Privacy?
You are responsible for guarding your passwords and account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online. If you post Information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. We have implemented procedures to protect your Information. While we strive to protect your Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Information you transmit to us, which you do at your own risk.
10. Contacting Us.
c/o Knights & Johns Management Ltd
9th Floor | Standard Chartered Tower
19 Cybercity Ebene
Republic of Mauritius